Elke started her photography career in London, where she studied and worked as a professional portrait, lifestyle and corporate photographer & videographer. Since 2013 Elke has been based in Melbourne and continous working as a commercial photographer.
Telling people's stories is central to Elke's work, and she uses lighting to great effect to create unique moods. Elke's work has been included in exhibitions such as the National Portrait Gallery in Canberra, National Portrait Gallery in London & The Barbican Arts Centre London and she has been a finalist in the National Portrait Award for the second time.
- 2013-current freelance photographer, Melbourne, Australia
- 2000-2012 freelance photographer, London, UK
- 1996-2000 BA(hons) Photography & Multimedia, University of Westminster, London, UK
Bauer Media, Fairfax Media, Frankie, Oyster, Bates Smart Architects, Mindfood, Barry Nilsson, Pinsent Masons, Ratio, Ray White, Australian Women Weekly, The Observer Magazine, The Independent on Saturday Magazine, The Independent Sunday Review, The Sunday Times Magazine, Elle UK, Psychologies, Grazia UK, GQ Germany, Glamour Germany, Topshop UK, Maria Grachvogel, Alexander McQueen for Puma, Metal, Neo2, Dealer de Luxe, Les Inrockuptibles, WWD, The Architect's Journal, Architectural Review, Blueprint, MUF Architects, NME, Spex, Visions, Style, Intro, De-Bug, Jazzthing, Lado Records, Betty, Sonntagszeitung, Redwood Publishing, Cedar Publishing.
- 2017 Portrait Award, National Portrait Gallery, Canberra
- 2017 Portrait Award, Mornington Peninsular Regional Gallery, Bluemountians Cultural Centre
- 2015/16 Portrait Award, Artspace Mackay, Cairns Reginal Art Gallery, Rockhampton Art Gallery, Bundaberg Reginal Art Gallery
- 2015 Portrait Award, National Portrait Gallery, Canberra
- 2012 The Architectural Biennale, Venice
- 2012 'Love', The Printspace, London
- 2008 'The Bigger Picture', Proud Camden, London
- 2007 'The Bigger Picture', Proud Embankment, London
- 2006 'Film on film', AOP Gallery, London
- 2004 'Fashion as a photograph', National Portrait Gallery, London
- 2001 Deptford X, London
- 1998 'A picture of Independence', Barbican Art Gallery, London